You can’t control the weather, but you can control how much you’re spending to stay cozy no matter the weather. While it might not be the the top thing that comes to your mind, getting an regular furnace service is a fantastic way to keep from excess spending on your utility bills and now is the ideal time to get that scheduled. The pros at House of Heating Incorporated have compiled a number of tips to help you save some money this coming season.
- Furnace Service—As we mentioned before, furnace service can help save you a number of ways. It can help you catch small problems before they become large problems, and it can help make sure your system is functioning at its best.
- Thermostat Adjustment—Switching the temperature on your thermostat even a couple degrees can make a huge dent on your energy bill. It doesn’t take long for those savings to really add up. If you’re having trouble getting accustomed to the new temperature, try adjusting it bit by bit, perhaps a degree a day. Your body will quickly adjust to the new temperature.
- Change Your Filter—Changing your furnace filter is one of the easiest and most beneficial things a homeowner can do. A dirty filter will keep air from passing through easily, which will cause your system to work harder, which hikes up your utility bills.
- Address Drafts—Windows and doors could be the reason you’re losing both heat and money. Caulk and weather-stripping are easy ways to tackle drafts.
- Efficiency Check—When your House of Heating Incorporated technician is over for your yearly furnace service, question the efficiency level of your unit. They can help you determine if it is time to check into a more energy-efficient model, which could help save you money without affecting your comfort.
There isn’t a bad time to start saving money. Of course there are more ways to save money, but hopefully this will help you get started. If you need to schedule your regular furnace service or have any other questions about your home comfort give us a call at 715-384-3163.