Summer is upon us! Many of us are eager for warmer weather and some peaceful summer days. To boost your comfort and actually relax, ensure your air conditioner is ready for the summer heat. One of the keys to a fun summer in Marshfield is a trustworthy, efficient air conditioner. While House of Heating Incorporated constantly recommends staying current with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got several tips to help keep your air conditioner functioning over the summer.
- First, another chance to cite the golden rule of HVAC: monitor your air filter regularly! Replace the filter per the manufacturer’s suggestion.
- Take the cover off your air conditioning unit if you had it covered for the winter. Running your air conditioner before removing the cover can seriously damage it and cause you costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris placed close to your outside unit can lessen your AC’s performance. cut the grass, get rid any debris and clear away overgrowth that obstructs your unit before you run it this summer. remember to check the area at least monthly to keep it clear and increase airflow through your air conditioner.
- To get the best air quality and that your air conditioner is working efficiently, have your ducts cleaned regularly. It’s also a good idea to have your ducts examined for leaks to establish that all that cooled air is going where you need it and not leaving through gaps.
- Consider setting up a programmable thermostat to provide assistance to manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Take a look at the slab your air conditioner unit sits on.
These simple steps can save you from unnecessary air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable throughout the summer months. If you need to arrange your annual air conditioner service, or if you would like any more tips or recommendations to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running steadily, call House of Heating Incorporated in Marshfield at 715-384-3163 today.