Having standard air conditioning service completed at least yearly can help prolong the life of your air conditioner and keep it functioning at top efficiency. Before we get to the warmest days of the Marshfield summertime, have the professionals at House of Heating Incorporated conduct your annual air conditioning service.
Some tasks should always be done during a usual air conditioning service appointment. As stated by energy.gov, your specialist should always:
- Inspect for the correct amount of refrigerant, and if necessary, test for refrigerant leaks using a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is required, reclaim any refrigerant that must be evacuated from the system, instead of illegally freeing it to the environment.
- Look for efficient airflow throughout the system.
- Confirm the appropriate electric control sequence to guarantee adequate sequence of operation.
- Examine electric terminals, clean and strengthen connections.
- Check the accuracy of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, changing or cleaning your air filters routinely is essential. That’s because nothing else that simple can help ensure your air conditioner continues to work at top efficiency. Outside of when the air filter is cleaned or swapped out during your yearly air conditioning service appointment, you should examine it habitually. We recommend taking a look at it once a month or according to the manufacturer’s advice. How often it actually needs cleaning or replacement will be dependent on individual influences in your home, like how much dust gets into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your routine air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another aspect of air conditioner maintenance, call House of Heating Incorporated today at 715-384-3163.