During the colder Marshfield months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when your furnace breaks down and evolves into your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t occur in your house, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. Nonetheless, if it happens, a simple call to House of Heating Incorporated will get you warm and comfortable quickly. We’ve got a few signs you should look for to help you decide if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before you’re in an emergency repair situation. Call House of Heating Incorporated right away if you observe any of these issues:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace instantly and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that creates a flame and leave the lights off until your furnace can be inspected by a qualified technician or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re repeatedly turning up the thermostat, yet you’re still cold, a furnace repair could be needed. While this could be a symptom of a problem with your thermostat, it may also mean your furnace is too small for your home.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you observe a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s not the typical noise, it’s probably wise to schedule a repair.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re operating your furnace as you usually do but notice an increase in your energy bill, there are a variety of different problems you could be experiencing. Your qualified technician from House of Heating Incorporated can determine what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running constantly, you could have a problem. It could be a something as minor as an air filter problem or something as major as a motor problem. We’ll help you find out what the problem is.
Now that you know how to recognize when you need a furnace repair, contact us and we’ll be there to help. If your furnace is running fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call House of Heating Incorporated at 715-384-3163 or arrange an appointment with us online.