When it’s frigid in Marshfield you need your furnace to keep you warm. If it’s been too long since your system had maintenance, you could have a furnace repair soon in your future. Even if your system appears to be running well, you probably need to clean or replace your air filter. A dirty air filter can stop air flow, impact your furnace’s efficiency and affect the limit switch that controls furnace operation.
There are quite a few reasons you may require a furnace repair. The quicker you can reach out for a furnace repair, the better. If you observe any of the following symptoms, call in an expert, like House of Heating Incorporated.
1. Your furnace is noisy. You may have a problem if your furnace starts running loudly or making noises you haven’t heard before.
2. Your blower isn’t operating how it should. Is it running enough? Is it running constantly? Does the air flow seem weak? You may have an issue with your air filter or furnace blower.
3. Your home isn’t heating up enough. Have you increased the temperature again and again but aren’t feeling any difference? This could suggest a few different problems. It could be an issue with your thermostat. It may be a problem with your gas source or pilot light. It could even be that your furnace isn’t correctly sized for your house.
4. Your monthly bill keeps increasing. Your usage is stable but your bill keeps growing. This could signal a few different problems. Your HVAC professional will help find out what’s going wrong.
5. You smell gas. This is critical. If you smell gas, stop your furnace immediately and cut off its gas supply. Don’t light any matches or turn on lights until your HVAC expert or your gas company has a chance to inspect your system.
6. You find water collecting around your furnace. This is usually a clogged condensation line. It could require both plumbing and HVAC professionals to fix.
You’ll know when you need to schedule furnace repair now that you’re familiar with these common symptoms. The pros at House of Heating Incorporated will be there when you need us. Call us at [[phonenumber]] or use our online scheduler to make an appointment.