The colder temperatures in winter usually lead to high heating bills. Does anyone know of ways to keep your home warm without escalating your energy cost so much? Yes! House of Heating Incorporated has some advice for you to help keep your home comfortable and your heating bills lower.
Use these tips to help improve your energy efficiency and help reduce your heating bills this winter:
- Make the most of sunny days in Marshfield to help heat your home naturally. Pull back the curtains and open the blinds so the sun can give your furnace a little [[help|boost|break]14.
- Keep the cold air from sneaking in. Seal your windows and doors with caulk or weather stripping.
- The more you can control the temperature in your home, the more you can manage your energy usage. A programmable thermostat will get the job done and enhance your home’s energy efficiency.
- Clogged, dirty furnace filters make your furnace work overtime and lower your energy efficiency. Clean or replace them every three months.
- Do a quick check of your home. Are any vents or cold air returns obstructed? Clear the way for better airflow and efficiency.
- If your furnace is more than 15 years old, start researching a new energy-efficient model. This could save you the cost of emergency repairs and will help you save on your energy bills for years to come.
- We all know that heat rises. Don’t let your heat rise so far and sneak out through the attic. Make sure it’s well insulated to keep warm air where you need it.
- Many people don’t realize this, but heat can also escape through your roof. Inspect it for loose or missing shingles and holes or areas that need to be sealed.
It may seem like managing your home’s energy efficiency is a full-time job, but with these tips, it should be a little easier. If you’re looking for more ways to increase your home’s energy efficiency, give us a call at 715-384-3163. We’ll help you keep your home comfortable all year long, even in the harshest Marshfield weather.