As springtime rolls around, you may be wondering, is an AC tune-up worth it in Marshfield? Particularly if your cooling system is up-to-date or was running just fine last season.
Here’s one approach to look at it. You wouldn’t get a brand-new vehicle and never have to request any maintenance for it, such as putting in fresh oil or getting new tires.
The same is applicable to your air conditioner. It’s equipment that uses fuel and has moving components. Like a vehicle, it can get leaks and its moving pieces can fail.
Having your unit checked seasonally by a House of Heating Incorporated tech can help spot small issues before they turn into large breakdowns. (And cause your system to stop operating!)
Six Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your unit clean. Since your cooling system is placed outdoors, it’s more vulnerable to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard debris, which can negatively affect your unit’s efficiency. While you can try our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling an expert to service delicate internal parts.
- It keeps your system efficient. Dirt and yard debris that accumulate within your equipment can make it work harder and lower airflow. Both these troubles can cause higher energy use—and a more expensive energy bill!
- It could extend your equipment’s life span. A clean air conditioner is an efficient one and might even help it work for a longer period of time. That’s money that you’ll keep on your monthly electricity costs and over the years, since you won’t have to replace your equipment as fast.
- It helps determine little issues before they lead to big, expensive problems. During professional AC maintenance, your specialist will closely examine components and complete a series of AC performance verifications. These detailed procedures often allow us to find problems before they turn into extensive problems that result in an expensive repair bill.
- It helps guarantee worry-free comfort throughout the season. After your equipment is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind being aware your unit is ready to give worry-free cooling. Even on the most humid days. It’s one of the smartest methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty in place. Most manufacturers expect regular maintenance to keep your warranty in place. Without this service, your unit is open to premature breakdowns and decreased efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Involve?
A good AC service should include an examination and maintenance work from a licensed HVAC specialist. Here’s some of the things we’ll complete:
We’ll examine the subsequent areas and pieces:
- Overall equipment state
- Start-up progression
- Thermostat settings
- Air filter
- Blower components and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety components
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a portion of the work we’ll do:
- Put in new air filters
- Refasten electrical connections
- Verify electrical flow
- Lubricate moving pieces
- Clean condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Schedule Your AC Service Today with House of Heating Incorporated
This week is the best time to book your AC maintenance! Give our House of Heating Incorporated pros a ring at 715-384-3163 or contact us online to set up your appointment. Before we visit your home, make sure to browse our exclusive offers for savings on your approaching tune-up.