Whether you like winter or desire the warmer months in Marshfield, many of us make adjustments to be sure our home’s temperature keeps us content. This can have a large impact on your monthly bills, but there are steps you can take to bring monthly costs down.
- Assess the weather stripping – Over time, the seals around your windows and doors can crack or become weathered. Walk around your home to find any drafts that should be addressed.
- Take advantage of your blinds – If your windows have blinds, they can be useful in keeping your house warm. Keep them open while the sun is still shining throughout the day, and make sure to close them at night, so the warmer air doesn’t escape.
- Change your filter – Check your filter regularly to see if it needs to be replaced. We advocate at least once every three months, but time between replacement can vary among households.
- Install a programmable thermostat – They may seem like just a convenient way to make sure your home remains warm, but programmable thermostats can also save money on your heating bill! You can fix temperatures to be on a lower setting when you are away from the home or sleeping. Using your heat more efficiently helps lower your bill.
- Add insulation to your attic – Take a look and see if you have a sufficient amount of insulation. Because heat rises, insulation in your attic is a useful tool to decrease the chances of heat escaping.
- Call for routine maintenance – Just like we visit the doctor to get checkups, your heating system needs to have checkups, too. Hiring professionals to clean and maintain your system will confirm that your system is operating effectively and efficiently. They can also detect small issues that could end up as more pricey repairs if left unchecked.
- Assess your HVAC system – If you notice your energy bills are continually increasing—even with your efforts to increase efficiency—it might be time to look for a replacement heating system. The professionals at House of Heating Incorporated can help you examine the performance of your HVAC system and walk through the choices for newer, more efficient models.
Not only will these steps decrease the amount of money you are putting toward your energy costs, but many of them can help your heating system run more efficiently. More efficient energy use also improves the health of your equipment, which means your system will last longer.
If you need routine maintenance on your heating system or would like an expert to provide additional information on reducing energy costs—we’ve got you covered. Give House of Heating Incorporated in Marshfield a call to begin. Contact our team at 715-384-3163 or arrange an appointment with us online.